Use and share government data
GOV.UK Registers helps you to:
- build and maintain your service with accurate data that is updated for you
- reduce the time and cost of sourcing data from across government
- easily share data with other government departments
How registers work
Registers are live lists of information that are managed and approved by government. They are the most reliable lists of their kind.
- can be accessed and used freely by anyone
- provides data in different formats including JSON and CSV
- has a full version history to ensure transparency of data changes
Search all the registers you can use to see what government data is available.